2nd PhD Networking day - 9-10 January 2019, IFOM-IEO Campus - Milan
The day is organized BY students FOR students.
The 2019 PhD Networking Days will offer an amazing opportunity for PhD students to present their research, network with fellow students, identify non-canonical career paths, learn about and participate in dissemination of science to the public, and even win some exciting prizes. This year's PhD Networking Days will entail
- Student Talk series
- Poster Presentations on three broad topics
- Talk by Dr. Daniele Perna; Investigator at GSK; Cambridge, United Kingdom (SEMM Alumni)
- Science communication lecture by Dr. Agnese Collino; Scientific supervisor at Fondazione Umberto Veronesi; Milan, Italy (SEMM Alumni)
- Coffee/Lunch with Speakers
- Pubscience events on the evening of the 9th (English at Ostello Bello, Via Medici 4, & Italian at Reebpub, Via Cesare Balbo 36)
- Aperitif on the evening of the 10th (at campus)
SEMM will offer up to 6 best posters' prizes (300 euros) and 1 best talk's prize (300 euros).
Evaluation criteria: Posters and the best talk will be selected by a board of senior post docs and faculty members.
Evaluation criteria for best posters: Quality of the abstract, Clarity and brevity of the poster, Poster layout, Understanding of the project presented in the poster, Quality of the data/figures.
Evaluation criteria for best talk: Technical content, Organization and quality of the presentation, Verbal presentation, Time management, Dscussion level
Award of the prizes: Students will receive a certificate of prize award and an Amazon voucher of 300 euros.
Lavinia Ghiani, Judith Hariprakash, Corey Jones-Weinert, Alessandro Medda, Giulia Mazzucco, Cecilia Restelli, Giulia Salvadori,
In collaboration with: University of Milan, Open University
Participation is open only to PhD students working at the IFOM-IEO Campus