The SEMM organizes international events for the promotion of research and dissemination of results in relatively broad scientific areas such as Molecular Oncology, Molecular Medicine, Epigenomics, and Biomedical Humanities.
The SEMM considers the organization of such events a valuable instrument to:
- publicise the latest updates on research
- support the establishment of a network of high calibre researchers in different fields
- foster the acquisition and distribution of a new scientific culture
- encourage the creation in Europe of a critical mass of talents and knowledge for the advancement of Molecular Medicine
- provide a meeting place where all the participants, PhD students, basic and clinical researchers or clinicians, can mix, exchange ideas and interact with outstanding guest speakers from all over the world
- address a broader scientific community and focus on scientific collaboration and communication
These international events are held within the event facilities of the research centres of excellence in which the SEMM operates or external locations and include conferences, workshops, symposiums and theoretical/practical courses.