Scholarships & Benefits
Based on the candidates' entrance exam scores, a ranking list is generated. Candidates are admitted to the PhD course according to their rank and the number of positions available every year.
The number of scholarships made available by the Universities of Milan and Naples may vary every year and is announced at the time of the call. They will be awarded to the admitted candidates according to their position in the ranking list.
The other admitted candidates, not awarded with the university scholarship, may submit an application for scholarships that may be available at host research centres and related to to their scientific project. These scholarships will be independently managed by the individual granting institutions with specific awarding and delivery modalities; these will not be in any way ascribable either to SEMM or the University.
- Reimbursement of travel (including air fares) and lodging expenses related to the applicant's interview (distances above 300 km);
- Free lodging at the host institutions' guesthouse, for up to 30 days, to facilitate relocation (subject to availability);
- Visa and administrative assistance for foreigners;
- Health care coverage through the Italian National Health system;
- Italian for foreigners and English courses could be provided.