SEMM promotes training and research within emerging sectors of biomedicine, such as genomics, molecular medicine, nanotechnologies and bioethics. It operates within research centres of excellence and promotes the integration of basic research and clinical practice. Science at our school sites covers virtually every aspect of modern Cell Biology and Molecular Biology, both from the basic and applied research points of view, and is supported by know-how extending from functional genomics to developmental model systems.
Our school sites are characterized by:
- The scientific excellence of their groups
- The state-of-art centralized facilities
- The strong connection to clinical practice
- Strong international vocation
- Excellent publication records